- 1 chicken (quartered or 8 pieces of chicken of your choice)
- 3 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1 Tbsp. JAVA RUB GREEK ISLE
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup pitted prunes (cut in half)
- ¼ cup chopped Greek olives (Kalamata and green)
- ¼ capers with juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine (we suggest Hunt Country’s Seyval Blanc)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
Combine all marinade ingredients.
Place chicken pieces in a Ziploc bag and pour marinade inside.
Place bag in refrigerator overnight and turn occasionally.
When you are ready to assemble and cook the chicken, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Arrange chicken in a 13 X 9 pan and spoon marinade over the chicken pieces.
Then, sprinkle the top with the brown sugar and parsley. Finally, drizzle over the brown sugar with the white wine. Bake one hour basting frequently.
This is a delicious and flavorful chicken recipe that will impress family and guests alike. We suggest serving the chicken with couscous and a Greek salad. Enjoy!
**Corfu is one of the most beautiful and popular islands in Greece. Interestingly, the only other Corfu is a small village not too far west of Keuka Lake in upstate New York.