- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- JAVA-GOURMET JAVA RUB (Beef, Lamb, Wild Game & More)
- 4 Kaiser Rolls
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Seneca Salt
- Ground pepper
- Romaine lettuce
- Fresh tomatoes
- Crumbled blue cheese
To ground beef, add 1 tablespoon (more or less to taste) of JAVA RUB. Work in by hand and let sit at least 1 hour prior to cooking.
When ready, form into 1/4 lb. patties and grill or cook in a cast iron pan to desired doneness.
To serve, prepare buns as follows:
- Split and place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with JAVA RUB and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toast on the grill or under the broiler.
- Chop lettuce and tomatoes (bite size).
- Lightly toss with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Put burger on bottom roll.
- Put salad mixture on top and then sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over that.
- Top with top bun.
An "elegant", healthy burger that's perfect for a day on the lake. Great when accompanied by a local wine such as, a Fox Run Cabernet Franc, Anthony Road Devonian Red, or Goose Watch Chamborcin.